Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More Than A Job

My daughter Kenzie had speech for a few months before turning three and I absolutley adored her teacher. Miss "B" just got my crazy household. She would come in early while I was trying to get Alina out the door for school, it was just pure chaos but she understood it because she has five children of her own....yes five. They are highschool age and older but she remembers those young days like it was yesterday. She would give me advice, expect my house to look the way it did with four kids and so on. When Tyson was in the hospital she came to visit him, made my family dinners..she is just awesome. I was so sad when Kenzie didn't need her anymore. We kept in touch thru email and I am happy to say she is now Tyson's speech therapist. I am so happy I am going to see her weekly again. She is great at what she does and I know Tyson will excel having her as his teacher. And she is just as happy to be back at our house.
I also love Tyson's OT and PT. They have been with him since he was a few months old and you can tell what they do is more than just a job to them. I got to know them on a personal level- we talk about other things and I love that. I have sat there and cried to them (which I don't like to do often b/c I hate to cry in front of people) and they listen. Having three of the best therapists made me realize how important it is to have a special relationship with them. I couldn't be any happier with them....oh and most importantly Tyson loves them too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment