Friday, January 14, 2011

Coincidence? I Don't Think So

Today as I was walking into Target with Kenzie and Tyson a woman took a double take at Tyson, told me how adorable he is and said she has a six year old little girl...and I knew right away what she meant- she has a girl with down syndrome. I asked her about her daughter, we traded stories,happy moments, tears and sadness and ended up talking for awhile.
I learned so much in that ten minute conversation. I told her how I still feel sorry for Tyson for having down syndrome. She told me not too because he can sense your sadness and I have recently noticed him being more sensitive when the girls are crying or upset about things. I also told her how I got a false positive result for DS when I was pregnant with Kenzie so I chose not to get any testing done with Tyson and then he ended up having DS. She said that false positive result for Kenzie was God's way of preparing me for the future. She said over and over that Tyson is a gift.
As I was giving her my email and phone number she noticed the last four digits of my phone number were the same as hers....I am left handed like her daughter..I totally forgot to tell her Tyson is left handed also.
Me running into this very nice woman lifted my spirits....was it all a coincidence? I don't think so.

3 comments:

  1. The world is full of lovely people, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, because of Tyson you are meeting people & getting a whole new outlook on life that you never would have had otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen you are a good mom with one of the best hearts I know. It sounds like God knew exactly what you needed to hear and sent this person to give you the message! Hugs to all of you :)

    ReplyDelete