Wednesday, August 4, 2010

He Can Do Anything

Everytime Tyson does something new I'm always so proud of him. Well I'm proud of him everyday for overcoming so many obstacles. I was joking with my therapist the other day because she was telling me how well he is doing, how it was great he walked at 17 months and how she believes he is high functioning. I said to her." I know- sometimes I wonder if he even has down syndrome!" (I was joking of course) Kids with down syndrome eventually do everything that typical children do...it just takes a little more time. But he ceases to amaze me. I never knew how to discipline him because I was afraid he would not understand the word no. Well let me tell you he does. He looks at me before he is about to throw food on the floor because he knows he shouldn't....he actually waits for me to say no. So now he slides the food down beside his leg onto his chair thinking I won't know.....until I get him out and there is food all over his seat!!! I can't help but almost be happy he does that because he....he just gets it. He knows if he shouldn't do something he'll find another sneaky way of doing it. And I like that. I like that he is finding other ways to do things....even if it is a bad thing!!!

1 comment:

  1. And on top of all that, he has the cutest little belly in the world!

    ReplyDelete