Friday, August 6, 2010

Bad Cake=Extra Cash


Yesterday Alina had some friends sleep over for her birthday-(it is on sunday) I went to Walmart to pick up the cake I had ordered. It was $29.00! I was floored. I didn't expect it to be that much and I didn't need a 1/2 sheet but I figured I ordered it that big by accident. Maybe I just don't know but I thought that was expensive. The dye on the icing stained our hands and mouths and overall it wasn't good but I thought "oh well." Usually I am pleased with their cakes.

My husband comes home later and has a piece and tells me how awful it tasted. He told me to smell it and it smelled like rotten eggs. Real nice- I just fed this cake to my kids and her friends.

Needless to say my husband took it back(Walmart takes everything back) raised hell about it and in return he got the $29.oo back plus $20.00. I think I'm done ordering cakes from Walmart. Nobody seems sick this morning so hopefully we are all good to go!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen, send this story and your picture into Cake Wrecks...I have a link on my blog!, and I see you got your blog list running! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    Good to know about Walmart's cakes! Your blog is great! Take care!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete